|Aranda Psychology Clinic 84 Bandjalong Crescent ARANDA ACT ph 6253 0100|
|Dr Carol Clark PhD (Clinical Psychology) MA (Teaching) BSc (Science) offers specialist clinical therapies for Children and Adolescents and support for their Families and Carers|
Let me introduce Aranda Psychology Clinic to you:
My name is Dr Carol Clark and I work at my large home clinic in Aranda, specialising in the child and adolescent age group and including their families.
I have 26 years of full time clinical experience with families and young people, and the last fourteen years have been in Canberra.
My Case work covers parents and their children through the infant & toddler years, through the primary school and high school years, and into university studies.
In many cases, we need to work for a short time to solve the immediate problems. Equally, some families use my expertise over many years for supporting the development of their children.
My main interests are the healthy development of the child and the well being of the full family group. I provide clinical treatment and psycho-education for many specific needs for the health, behaviour, and education of the young person and their family.
Dr Carol Clark offers assessment and therapies for:
Childhood problems: in the areas of behavioural problems, anger, sleep, self esteem, school performance, anxiety, bullying, friendships, sadness, and depression.
Adolescent problems: anger and hostility, identity, friendships, learning, anxiety, trauma recovery, grief and depression, family issues.
- Assessment and psychometric testing (intelligence, memory, executive functions) for children and adolescents (to age 17 years) to aid the planning and their progress in school performance and education;
- Assessment of attentional problems (ADHD); assessment and therapy for improving behaviour and mood;
- Parent and Carer support and education
- Dr Clark is a registered NDIS (National Disability and Insurance Agency) provider of therapeutic supports and behavioural supports
Dr Carol Clark is specialist trained and offers appropriate clinical therapies for your child's problems:
- ART THERAPY for children and adolescents. She trained with Cornelia Elbrecht in Initiatic Art Therapy Guided Drawing
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) -- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)with Children and Adolescents - Dr O'Kelly and Dr DiMattia (USA)
- Trauma recovery Therapy via Child or Adolescent Psychotherapy and Family support
- Attachment, Bonding and Immigration and Adoption issues
- Child Play Therapy -- Training with child psychotherapist Dr Violet Oaklander (USA, author of Windows to our Children and Hidden Treasures)
- Adolescent Issues and Development---Adolescent Brain development from 12 years to 24 years
- Education for Parents and Carers on Child Development and current Brain Development (neuroscience)
- Family sessions for parent(s) and child/children/siblings/adolescents; also extended family and shared care of children
Dr Carol Clark offers parent and carer support by teaching in their clinical sessions many skills from these well known programs:
- 1,2,3 Magic for Children - Managing difficult behaviour in Children 2-12 yr
- 1,2,3 Magic for Adolescents
- Tuning into Kids - Emotionally Intelligent Parenting (created by Univesity of Melbourne)
- Effective Parenting - various topics for understanding child & adolescent issues and development
- Defiant Children Program
- Oppositional, Defiant, and Disruptive Children Program (USA)-Working toward funcitonal and practical living skills at home and at school
Dr Clark offers Supervision of new graduate psychologists interested in the field of Child and Adolescent work. She holds a Certificate of Authorisation (Psychologists Registration Board) as a Supervisor of intern psychologists and endorsement for APS Clinical College.